Hi folks, I'm back (on the blog). I'm finally able to find some myself-time to update this blog and to inform you guys that I'm alive and well. Okay, first and foremost, my new address:
0032/800 Swanston Street
College Square Apartments
Carlton, VIC 3053
Melbourne, Australia
More Kaya, perhaps??
My mobile number's the same. I'll be moving again in May/June cos' my parents just bought an apartment in Southbank which will be ready for settlement soon...so yea....will update you guys on that.
What have I been so busy with? Let's see...moving house, settling in---getting internet and phone line fixed, new apartment finances and lawyer meetups, numerous trips to the bank, updating various organisations of my change off address, selling my first year textbooks, showing my mum around, taking up a one-day Barista course, orientation...yep.
Kaya??
Now, vet science so far...
I went for orientation yesterday. And this morning. I skipped the rest of today. They were going all the way to the Werribee campus for some dumb stayover. Old hags like me should go home and rest...heh. Hey, I'm trying my best to well....socialize more. Anywho, I'm kinda psyched up for the course now that I'm properly introduced to the syllabus and the contents of the various subjects. I'm gonna cut up a dog! Soon! Tsahaha...intense. It's a very challenging course...and the contact hours just get longer over the years. And LOTS of self-study involved. Sigh. I did expect all of these but being told in the face by all the lecturers during our introductory lectures kinda makes me SEE the amount of effort I've gotta put in just to keep up. Oh wells, now that I'm finally in, I better STAY in.
Kaya??
As intensive as the course may be, I'm somewhat glad there are familiar people who are gonna go through it all with me. There are like...26?30? Singaporeans in my batch. That's a whooping 25% of the class of 2012. There's almost like a small SG community going on here. I got a shock, really, to find so many SGeans here. Most of them did pre-vet year unlike me, who transferred from Science. Not much diff cos we did the same subjects last yr and attended all the same lectures. Maybe that explains why they're so clique-ish. One thing about SGeans in overseas uni is that they tend to stick too much to each other. Singlish do make you feel at home, but seriously, it's pathetic not to take the oppurtunity to know other cultures while you're here. And so my vet friends thus far do not consist of most of the SGeans. Not that I don't want to get to know them, of course. I will, eventually, since it's a very small class (only 122 students in my batch) and I'll be seeing the same 121 pple everyday for the next four years. I'm trying to be as optimistic about this as possible...
My non-vet friends are one by one arriving in Melb...yays. Hope to go Docklands this sat with 'em before sem 1 starts coming Monday. It's gonna be a HECTIC academic year ahead. Oh, and I must take up driving before I move to southbank. I'll try my best to update whenever I can.
TRY. I. WILL.
Kaya??
6:15 pm