Kill time

Sunday, 23 November 2008

This Japanese paper is way too dreadful. Looking at all my friends' MSN 'pm's displaying the word starting with H and ending with O-M-E in full caps and countless exclamation marks, my heart filled with envy. While seated in Bourke's Starbucks sipping away at my Green tea Frappacino (my new found fave tt's burning a hole in my pocket), Japanese textbook staring back at me, I spot one, two, three jam packed airport shuttle buses ferrying people my age (well, almost) zoom pass across the street. Sigh. SIGH. Back to カワムラさん、林さん、町田さん、and ギブソンさん. I'm so bored I'm starting to mould.

I'm heading home in 4 days. Souvenir deadline's almost here. Tag if you want anything.

I've found myself a new way of killing time. My latest obsession--Food blogs. Not just those with recipes...I love those with reviews of places with good food. Oh, and the photos they take! My goodness...imagine the food tasting as good as they look on the pictures! They seriously inspire me to take up photography and invest in a DSLR. Those with recipes are pretty awesome too. Though my culinary skills are still far from good enough to allow me to whip up most of the dishes featured, I do chance upon a few manageable ones here and there. I am now a follower of Chubbyhubby.net, A Daily Obsession(hungerhunger.blogspot) and mykitchensnippets.com. Good stuff.

10 Things to do when I return:
1) Hug Muffin.
2) Change the bedsheet and clean my room to make it look slightly more lived in.
3) EAT. Includes dinner/lunch/brunch with friends/family. Hopefully being away for half a year entitles me to pick the venues...heh.
4) Run/Swim and get some sun under my skin.

Re the last point, I don't know what's the problem with Aussie sun. Though UV radiation here is much stronger, no matter how much I try to get myself tanned, my skin still looks bleached. I got a little burnt once but still no tan. Maybe the UV's so strong the whole tanning process is skipped. Straight on to burnt skin and cancer. Hmm...

5) Cook.

Haha! This is actually coming from me. I still find it hard to believe that I've been transformed into someone who actually cooks!! The wonders of overseas study. Think I'll camp over at my aunt's and let her show me the ropes. I miss her cooking terribly. Time to try out those online recipes and to test out the new stove at home. Anyone wants to be my lab rat? Just pop by and be my guest. Anti-diarrhoea pills provided. =)

6) Get a new mobile.

Had enough of the non-Chinese-displaying-pink-bimbotic-Z610i which I got for free when I signed for Three's cap plan and was forced to use it cos my dearest walkman phone died on me.

7) Design my room in prep for new year.

8) KBOX. 'nuff said.

9) Work part time? I need Vitamin M. But I doubt I'll have enough time motivation to do so. <_<

10) learn something. Haha. Vague. I'm thinking photography or scrapbooking workshops.

Yatta~ Done. I'll be beezee.

Sigh. What shall I do now...?

Yes, laundry.

I'm off. Ta!


7:54 pm










LXJ.
23
Melbourne, Australia
Singaporean