ah...Easter break is finally here. It's feels strange cos' I've never celebrated Easter in my life and suddenly there's a whole week of holiday because of that. Lol. But anyway, as long as there's a break (and tonnes of chocolate bunnies and eggs to go with it), I'm a happy girl. =)
The weather here is FINALLY starting to feel like autumn. A few days back the weather was scorching HOT...with the temperature almost hitting 40 degrees. Plus the low humidity level here, I couldn't help feeling like I'm stuck in an oven. I sure do hope the cool weather we're getting now will last.
School life is getting more hectic but still enjoyable. The biggest difference between uni life here and JC life back in sg is that students are not expected to complete their tutorials before they attend tutorials. They DO their tutorial questions during their tutorials. The real homework comes from practicals instead. Pracs here (esp for Physics) are on topics that are unrelated to the lecture topics. Students are expected to do their own research so as to understand what the experiment is about and to finish up the prelab exercises before they attend the actual pracs. So yea...studying 3 sciences means 3 pracs per week and that explains why I haven't been updating my blog very often.
Haix...friends wise, I've made a few with fellow singaporeans and a couple of Malaysians. It's really hard to make friends with the locals...and it's not like I haven't tried. Sometimes the culture difference is so large it leaves you with so few common topics that even letting a conversation last is hard. Very hard. And I'm not one of those "highly sociable" beings who can stand others who create conversation topics out of nothing at all. They annoy me.
Whatever, I'm lovin' it here, alone. I'm extremely contented by just walking along the streets and looking around. Mostly because of the fact that there are so many things about the culture, food, landscape and arts scence here that surprises me. And these things you can derive joy out of by yourself. Below are some examples. Enjoy.
The one thing that I found most interesting about the Oz culture is their open-mindedness on the topic of homosexuality. I see notices and ads like these everyday and everywhere.
(Left: Petition board found right smack in the middle of the campus. Right: "Melbourne Queer Film Festival--Fresh Perspective" ad.)


Perhaps due to the weather, wild flowers here are exceptionally beautiful.

Funky bench.

Funky people.

What's Easter without Chocolate? And fine chocolate at that.
(Left: Chocolate Souffle at Max Breners. Right: Easter chocolate bunnies display in Koko Black along Lygon Street)


Eureka Building somewhere along Yarra River.
(Check out the giant golden bees on the building! So cool lah!)


This is what Melbourne looks like from the 88th floor of the Eureka Building.

Melbourne@ sunset. 
Moomba festival. It's an annual festival tt's held along the Yarra river over a weekend. There are fireworks display everynight and lots of exciting rides, performances and carnival stuff. >>FUN.




Okays, this is abit random but well, this is my room. Kinda small isn't it?


That's all for now. Think I'm heading to St Kilda's beach this coming Sunday. XD
Till then.
12:49 pm