Touched down at Melbourne in the middle of the night on 5th feb. Took one of the most expensive cab rides (the meter jumped ever 3 sec and the ride lasted ard 40min...go figure) into the city and to the hotel my family and I stayed temporarily. For the next few days, we went sight-seeing. With the weather so fine, I had a helluva time.

City of Melbourne. That's Princes bridge upfront. No, I didn't take this picture off a postcard. All photos here are courtesy of my pathetic W910i with a 2MP camera. And no flash. Tt's why all photos are taken only in daytime.
Part of The 12 Apostles. The scenery's magnificant. Seriously I think this should be within the top 100 places you should visit before you die. The guide said the scenery changes all the time cos the rocks will keep getting eroded by the wind and waves.
The other part of the 12 apostles.
Took the chopper so we could take a look at the 12 apostles from up above. t'was really cool. The pilot was a funny man. He asked us if this was our first time in a helicopter and we said yes. He replied "Me too."
A bird's eye view.
Somewhere along the coast of Phillip Island. Can anything be more beautiful?
It's a pity we can't take pictures of the little penguins that comes waddling back to their nests on phillip island after a day of fishing at sea

This is not a fake koala tho it looks fake in this picture. It's a proud resident of the koala conservation centre on Phillip island as well. They sleep up to 20 hours a day. They only wake up to eat some gum leaves, find a mate then go back to slp. No wonder all of them look so chubby.
I've heard great things about Australia's mudcakes before I came. They were all true.
---
Went visiting a few more places and they were great. Not for 1 second during that 5 days did I feel like a student here for overseas education. And now after two weeks, I still pretty much feel like a tourist on a vacation. Perhaps it's because school hasn't started yet.
I wonder how long would it take for me to stop feeling like a tourist.
[...to be continued.]
10:53 pm