Transition

Thursday, 30 August 2007

30-08-2007

10 years from now, I wonder if I will still be able to remember this day. People remember their 17th, their 18th, their 20th and their 21st birthdays but not their 19th. 17th cos' it's the craziest birthday you've ever had at the prime of your youth. 18th cos' that is the start of adulthood and you're considered legal to watch M18 movies, go clubbing and get a supplementary credit card. 20th cos it's the first time you've ever gotten 2 Big Candles stuck on that birthday cake. 21st cos people are finally going to take you seriously from then on.

What about the 19th birthday? The 19th year of our lives seems to be just a transition year. A nineteen-year-old is like a teenager stuck in adult's shell. We're at the last stage of preparing ourselves for the world of grown ups but still not there. Yet.

However, I still do hope I'll be able to remember this day. This very "un-happening" birthday. I'm going to surround myself with all my loved ones so much that I suffocate, and pray that the feeling will last for the next 5 years. I'm going to celebrate so much I get sick of my own birthday for the next few 30/08.

My mom gave me a tortoise stuffed toy as a present. I named it Mr Pea. Though I've never liked stuffed toys, I was so happy I cried when I saw Mr Pea hung on my doorknob last night after returning home from work. Cos' Mr Pea's gonna be my mum on my birthday next year, and the next and the next...


Happy 19th Birthday, lxj.


4:48 pm










LXJ.
23
Melbourne, Australia
Singaporean