From Wikipedia:
A
Very Important Person, or
VIP is a person who is accorded special privileges due to his or her status or importance.
Amidst my daily grumblings and complaints about how hard (my) life is, there are times when I do feel especially privileged compared to many people on this planet. "Many" is an understatement. What gives me these privileges? What gives me the privilege to be healthy and alive now? Why am I living a safe and comfortable life instead of living in fear 24/7 and worrying all day that my brains might get blown out of my skull the next minute? I really do wonder what "status" or "importance" I've got to be born into a loving, supportive and financially stable family in a safe and comfortable country like Singapore.
Fate, believe in it or not, is the only answer to that. My mom and I was just talking about whether there's such a thing as a "Past Life". Being a buddhist and a rather traditional person, my mom strongly believes in the idea of a "Past Life". She told me how comfortable your next life will depend on how many good deeds you do in your present life. Well, I don't think fate works in such a structured and "calculated" manner. To me, fate should be a much more random kind of thing. What I'm picturing in my mind is something like this: Suppose there are such things as a "past life" and a "soul". Once a person dies, the soul will go to a room. There will be a gigantic bowl of fortune cookies in that room. The soul will then pick out one cookie from the bowl and eats it. The so-called "next life" will then depend on the description written on the piece of paper in the fortune cookie. Haha!! Totally random. Okays, perhaps I'm day-dreaming a little too much. Alright, I am. But well, that's my own version of how fate works. And I shall believe in order to answer all those unanswerable questions regarding my life. Haha. I'm nuts!
Hmm...I must have picked a really good cookie.
Well, did you?
1:16 am